Thursday, January 21, 2010

ROBOTS OF THE DAY! 1-21-10

I know I know... you must listen and look past the Pat Metheny part of this video... I'm not a fan of his playing or his writing or, really, his hairdo.. seems like a nice enough guy though, I guess. Anyway, it's what he is playing WITH that is mind blowing. Now people have made Orchestrions before... beyond the actual ones from back in the day (you can still see great old turn of the century ones at Musee Mechanique in San Francisco and at Wall Drug too)... but I mean there are those that have created ones to play live music along with. This though is a whole bunch of triggered instruments actually 'listening' to his playing and reacting accordingly. Wha?!! That's amazing! Looks like he had help from the Lemur folks who are amazing on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment